The Garment or Apparel Industry depends solely on the sewing machines that join two pieces of cloth or fabric with a needle and thread. The job is indeed very much simple, to say the least, and yet it is so much important – the bread and butter of the industry. The quality of production and the product quality – all depends on how much performance the sewing machines are exactly operating at. Therefore, let’s understand what exactly goes behind the scenes in the garment industry with the sewing machine technology.
Sewing Machines And Their Various Types
Depending on the number of features, there are mainly two types of sewing machines used in this industry :
- Sewing Machine With Manual Operation
- Sewing Machine With Electric Operation
Sewing Machines that have manual operation are operated by the user themselves. These types of machines are very much easy to use and cost very cheap. But they are not at all built for the bulk production. Therefore, this is only suitable for smaller brands or companies, which doesn’t have the budget to purchase better machines.
On the other hand, sewing machines that have an electrical operation cost more but are just perfect to be used in the large or medium-sized brands or companies that have so much workload. Some of the machines are even fitted with a computer and can perform the sewing job continuously to one’s command.
Apart from that, there are various other kinds of sewing machines used in the garments industry, such as :
- Blind Stitch Machine : This is used to sew the bottom edge of the pant.
- Single or Double Stitching Machine With Needle Chain : This is used in woven or knitted garments.
- Linking Machine : This type of machine is used in the sweater industry.
- Basting Machine : This type of machine is used for the reasons of false sewing which can be removed later.
- Button Hole Machine : This type of machine attaches the button to the particular garments.
- Zigzag Sewing Machine With Flatbed : This type of machine is used for decorating garments.
Before buying either of these types of sewing machines, one should definitely look at various sewing machine reviews to get an overall idea of the product.…